The Vredo Agri Series is available in two models:
- DZ 225.07.5, with a working width of 2.5 meter
- DZ 229.07.5, with a working width of 2.9 meter
These overseeding machines can be equipped with a smooth roller or a special packer ring roller, for following undulations on rough, stony surfaces. The two sections pivot and every pair of discs is separately suspended, which results in the machine being able to follow undulating land accurately.
|Model||Roller||Working width (m)||Transport width (m)||Contents (l)||Weight (kg)||Tractor Power (hp)|
|* Vredo Dodewaard BV reserves the right to change specifications and designs of products described in this literature without prior notice.|
The machine is equipped with a mechanical seed distribution. The mechanical seed distribution is continuously adjustable from 3 to 210 kg per hectare. For very small (clover) or very large (grain, barley) seeds and quantities, special cam wheels are available. The seed gets equally spread over the seed-elements and placed in between the discs. Due to this, all the seed gets into the ground. The seed hopper can be filled even more easy via a (optional) standing platform.
The capacity of the seed hopper is related to the working width of the machine:
- The 2.5 meter machine has a seed hopper with a capacity of 250 liter.
- The 2.9 meter machine has a seed hopper with a capacity of 290 liter.
Overseeding is only useful if the seed is sown directly into the soil. The Agri Series is therefore also equipped with the Vredo-Double-Disc-System. Only that system guides all the seed into the narrow slot. Every machine is equipped with a compaction roller, this guarantees a quick germination and deep rooting of the injected seed. The pairs of discs have a row distance of 7.5 cm and are sprung separately, which results in a complete, close and healthy sward without weed. Research has confirmed that the Vredo Overseeding System generates a germination rate of 96%. Because the seeding depth is precisely adjustable from 0 to 25 mm, this high result can be achieved.
VREDO overseeding principle
- Double V-shaped discs which make a small cut in the soil.
- Seed is placed in between the discs.
- The slit is closed by the compaction roller.
- Optimal situation for germination: The seed is in contact with the soil and gets the optimum amount of light and air.
- The seed is protected against weather influences such as frost and birds.
The combination of Double Discs and the spring and turf guard ensures an optimal seeding depth which means the most efficient usage of expensive seed.